Great Getaway Giveaway
All currently registered participants are automatically entered into the drawing.
Register for the race by April 18th to be entered.
A free one night stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Historic Fredericksburg.
Stay in a spacious guestroom for two in the heart of Fredericksburg. Enjoy all the great food and attractions of downtown then enjoy a comfortable night without the kids.
Subject to availability. Standard Rooms Only. Non-transferable. Prize must be redeemed by 31 March 2022.
Great place to hang-out
No Purchase Necessary, fill out the form below for a no cost entry to the drawing.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Great Getaway Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Board Members of the Fredericksburg Area Running Club and other organizations associated with the promotion of the Sweepstakes, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such member are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- The Sweepstakes is sponsored by the Fredericksburg Area Running Club, located at PO Box 3653, Fredericksburg, Virginia 22402.
- Agreement of Official Rules
- Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrants full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
- Sweepstakes Period
- The Sweepstakes beings on April 06, 2021 at 12:00 Eastern and ends on April 18, 2021 at 12:00 Eastern (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Sweepstakes Period will be disqualified. Submissions will be accepted for the duration of the Sweepstakes through online entry.
- How to Enter
- Entry will be available by visiting our website (www.gtr.runfarc.com/contest) and following the directions provided to fill out the entry information, and submit.
- Limit on (1) entry per person, per email address, and per household for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries received from any person, e-mail address, or household in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Prize Drawing
- On or about April 19, 2021, the Sponsor will select a potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner by email on or about April 20, 2021. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the dates of the first attempt to contact them, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in their place at random from the remaining non-winning, eligible entries.
- Winner Notification
- The potential winner will be notified by email. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. If the potential winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in their jurisdiction of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of their parent or legal guardian. Potential winners must continue to comply wit all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Grand Prize – one night stay for two at the Courtyard by Marriott in Downtown Fredericksburg, VA.
- General Conditions
- In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Sweepstakes is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, the Sponsor may either (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the Sweepstakes and, in the event of termination, award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of these Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorney’s fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rule shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release and Limitations of Liability
- By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and each of the respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), including but not limited to (a) any technical errors associated with the Sweepstakes, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or software malfunctions; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing, or typographical errors; (d) application downloads, (e) any other errors or problems in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the winner, the cancellation or postponement of the event and/or the flyover, if applicable, the incorrect downloading of the application, the processing of entries or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or (f) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrants participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorney’s fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but no limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and constructed in accordance with the laws of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Virginia.
- Winner List
- Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date. To request the name of the winner send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a self addressed, stamped envelope to:
Great Train Race PO Box 3653 Fredericksburg, VA 22402